Error running a static analysis

Hello

I'm on the static analysis of a multi-body part and during execution it's the first time I've seen this error message:

"The volume is lower (1.e-40) for the element: 151687."

See PJ.

what do we need to understand?!

erreur_simulation.jpg

Hello

From what I understand is that an element does not have enough volume so the software struggles to converge.

Can you try to mesh with a longer mesh length?

2 Likes

I closed and relanded solidworks and in the same configuration it worked... the mistères of computing! On the other hand, I am still in the investigation phase on my model with a coarse mesh and in average quality. tomorrow I'm going to try to densify it but apparently it still doesn't work....

Hello

Densifying a mesh will not help your calculation to pass. In fact, the opposite effect is often observed. The maximum is more localized but the maximum stress is higher.

Compared to the initial problem, it sometimes happens that elements are in a very thin area (e.g. hole tangent to a face). The mesh then does not meet the criteria of sufficient form to be coherent.

1 Like

Hello Chamade,

We agree that densification will not help the calculation! But now, through the mysteries of computing, the network works...

I deselected the "medium quality mesh" option, I almost always use "curvature-based mesh" and I select the "incompatible mesh" checkmark to connect a capricious body!

We'll blame it on a random computer bug! This morning it works!

see above!