Sketching a circle and an arc of a circle

Hi all

In the sketches there are two things that get on my nerves:

- With the circle tool: if you go too fast between the "center click" and the mouse movement you end up with a dimension of "zero" and impossible to drag the diameter of the circle, you have to redo the whole manipulation.

- With the "arc of a circle" tool, you have a one in two chance that the path goes off on the right side! In the event that he goes to the opposite side, it becomes haphazardly the chance of mouse movements to make him come back!

I'm on 2017 SP5 but I already had the same problems on the previous versions. Do you have any tips to overcome these inconveniences?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

For the "arc of a circle" tool it depends on how you move your mouse

Let's take the example where you have two lines that you want to connect to the left by a tangent arc. You select the extreme point of the top line and you start diagonally right bottom then you connect to the bottom line.  especially the not try to make a circle with the cursor that's what makes the swarming :-)

When you get to the point, it magnetizes itself, but if you extend your gesture more than 1 or 2 mm, it will put the tangency constraint on you.

This feature was designed when you want to make several portions of a circle in a row without stopping your line. This has the disadvantage of the one you mention but with the solution I indicate :-)

For the circle I've never met this pb (or I'm too slow   MDR   if I understood what you're explaining ;-)  )

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

to get there without bothering too much, I activated the numeric input see PJ and normally when you hover over the circle function there should be its keyboard shortcut (at home it's F3). So I select my plane and do F3 then click on the origin to give the center and immediately type in my radius and everything and well...

activation_de_la_saisie_numerique.pdf
3 Likes