Do you use SolidWorks?

Yes :-) for 6-7 years, 5 days a week and 8 hours a day.

I'm on a 2013 64bits version

I use catia regularly and thanks to its many options and shortcuts I find catia much faster to use than solidworks (especially on parameterized parts and sketches), catia also has much less noise and it is much better suited for complex tasks such as simulating a whole environment and making it interact with the product.

However, solidworks is much more affordable, easy and quick to learn and very suitable for "ordinary" design.

1 Like

I have changed my mind, even for basic design, it's a piece of. I think every day I see a surprising belugae

For example, today a mesh of a very simple part that is impossible to make or screws obtained by symmetry that are different.

The possibilities if we compare to catia are very small which forces you to do long handling with often belugas. For me solidworks and just good for education. At the slightest complexity solidworks becomes very annoying to use

I've been using it for 10 years.

Currently there are 4 of us in our design office using it, and no particular problems.

For my character, I use the home license.

I have been using it in training for several months every day after using Catia v5 and I had to adapt when getting to grips with it (a few hours) but it is, in my opinion, more intuitive and more welcoming than Catia.

Yes, on average 10 hours / day 6 days a week ^^ why?!!!! :p

very good CAD software, my favorite