Is it possible to replace a workpiece background on SW2016?

Hello.

In our design office, we use document backgrounds and floor plans.

Basemaps are linked to document basemaps. The filling of the drawing cartridges is done via the properties of the parts to be entered directly in the part.

A subcontractor of ours has started a study for us. We are now at the stage of drawing up the plan file. 

The problem is that they carried out the entire study with their back of the room. Now we would like them to make the plans with our basemaps. However, the cartridges are locked. So they can't fill the cells cleanly.

The easiest way would be to convert their parts and assemblies with our part bottoms. This would then allow him to fill in the properties and therefore the plan blocks.

Is there a basemap conversion/replacement utility?

Thank you.

Hello

There is the "save bodies" function which allows you to change the room model.

To try

Edit: it doesn't keep the functions....

Hello

Unless I'm mistaken, the registration of bodies will generate a dead body without functions (just like imports).

The "easiest" way would be to provide a macro filling in the property names of the templates used to upgrade them from those used in your company.

There is no possibility to replace the template of the prt and asm files (either directly or by macro).

1 Like

That's it, everything is said =)

Thank you, gentlemen.

The other tricky point is that they work in 2016 and we in 2014.

I'm going to look at the template.

Hello

it seems to me that you can install Solidworks 2016 and try it for 30 days and then uninstall or buy the license. In any case it could help you out and there you could copy your parts properties (ctrl-c) and paste them (ctrl-v) into theirs to make your MEPs...

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/purchase/solidworks-version-essai.htm

By sending them the properties.txt file, they just need to temporarily use yours. (in the file locations, it must be replaced)

They will therefore have your fields to fill in their rooms, and the meps will recover the right properties. (if you provide them with your MEP models of course)

But the main pb is that of the versions, because you won't read 2016 before doing a software update.

opiep27, thank you for your proposal. We're going to test that.

Where can I find this "Properties.txt" file? And above all, in which folder should the subcontractor copy our version of the file?

AC Cobra 427, we have a substation with SW2016 installed. 

So no problem on our side to retrieve the information. But it's rather the subcontractor for whom I have to find a solution. 

Hello

The properties.txt file is located in the directories where the SW files are located in the "Custom Properties File" folder.

To find the way back, in the general options > Impaling Files > Custom Property Files.

To my knowledge, however, it only allows you to add the names of the properties in the drop-down lists to the property tables, but in no case insert them into the file. It is necessary to do everything manually.

Or else make a property form and send it to them.
 (1x for parts, 1x assemblies)

It comes down to the same (maybe even simpler), but they don't need to change the path for the propeties.txt file