Different 'part' on/off status depending on assembly

Hello

I have a general assembly (parent) that contains different subassemblies (children).

At first, everything is fine, in one of my child assemblies I have a deactivated part A which appears deactivated in the parent assembly.

After several months of working in the same project without replacing Part A or the assemblies concerned, I notice that my part has become activated again in the parent assembly while it remains disabled in the child assembly.

In parallel, I also have parts that have disappeared in the 3D visualization of my parent assembly, whose name only remains visible in the tree  (not the detail of the part) but which are there as it should be in my child assembly.

I attached printscreens for clarity.

I don't know if the 2 problems are related but they seem to have appeared at the same time.

The solution I found is to re-insert the child assembly and delete the previous one in error, but this breaks the links between my child assemblies or with my drawings.

Has anyone ever had this problem and knows a less radical solution?

Thank you in advance;)

probleme_affichage.pdf
1 Like

Good evening yes already encountered a similar PB "loss of the graphic representation" of one or more parts or component of an ASS.

You should know that in CATIA a CATProduct is a link pointer (there is no geometry) for each 3D object catia saves a representation file, sometimes the CATProduct loses this link, hence a part whose name appears in the graph but which remains invisible.

What you did "re-insert" the assembly to PB had the effect of regenerating this representation file.

The less "radical" solution is to use the CATIA command "replace",  we replace the part that poses PB with some component, a cube for example, then we redo the manip and this second time we point to the CATPart or CATProduct that presented the PB.

It gives the same effect as your manip but suddenly the links and constraints reconnect.

2 Likes

Hello franck.ceroux thank you for your answer.

It seems that the problem does indeed come from the link between the assembly and its child assembly. Unfortunately, I tested your solution and the result is the same as with my current solution. It solves the problem well but the links (constraints, drawings, etc.) are still lost during the first replacement.

What I hope would be a solution (if it exists) like the CATDUAV5 tool that leaves everything as it is but solves the error.

In fact I have already had this kind of problem many times but it only concerned the display and a CATDUAV5 solved it. This time, it also concerns the activation of a room and that for me is a first.

Hello, it's surprising, especially since on your screenshots you seem to use publications to create your constraints, so if the options to keep the links are well selected , it's weird?.

As you have the ability to reproduce the PB if you are under a maintenance contract for Catia you would have to open a requette, if there is no privacy PB and you are in inf or = a V5-6R2014 version I can look at your data.

Sincerely, F ceroux

1 Like

Hello

I don't know if we have a maintenance contract with catia, I transferred the question to the IT department just in case. But I don't really know how to regenerate PB, I just kept a copy of the product at PB so I could test different things.

Thank you for your proposal, for the version, it's good, I'm in V5R19 but in terms of confidentiality it's more delicate. I'm trying to empty the product of all the sets not concerned to keep only a reduced set in order to limit the confidentiality (and transfer) problems but by reducing it to a minimum, the PB has disappeared too... I'll keep trying and maybe it will even give me the source of the problem...

Can this communication thread bring grist to your mill?

it's a specific Catia forum

http://catiav5.forumactif.org/t1207-aide-pour-macro-activation-desactivation-d-un-solide?highlight=Etat+d+++++++++++++activation+d%E9sactivation+d+++++++++++++une+++++++++++++++part+++++++++++++++diff%E9rent+suivant+l+++++++++++++assemblage

@+ ;-)