Exploit surface volumes from a . OBJ

Hi all

I regularly come across your advice and I am pleasantly surprised by your efficiency.

I take the liberty of contacting you because here I am totally stuck on an OBJ file that I can only import in surface body, it is a car "too" well modeled for what I want to make of it (a case for RC car), I have purified the file as much as possible to keep only the exterior elements.

The problem is that it is so well modeled that there are a multitude of days between the bodywork elements and so I can't exploit it, I can't sew the surfaces for example.

I will need to make one and the same volume in order to be able to work on the supports to fix it on the chassis of my radio-controlled (RC) car.

I also tried the "filled surface" function but I can't get it to work. I don't control it at all.

I'm interested in any advice or tutorial (I'm on sw2017)

Thank you very much.

mrs_allegee.png

Hello

The simplest would be to convert the . OBJ into a file that can be read directly under SW for example from the STL or directly from the SLDPRT if the converter allows it. In any case, by starting from at least one STL file, you will have an easier time achieving your goals.

For this use for example the software "Spin 3D Mesh Converter" you also have but which is not free Fusion 360 which does the conversion directly apparently.

Our colleague @.PL whom I greet gave us this link a few years ago, and in particular this one which is a little old

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello Zozo_mp

First of all, thank you for your answer:)

Solidworks doesn't want to import it other than a surface or mesh, and once in mesh I can't do anything with it :/

The problem is that the file is pretty badly done to be worked on.

I exported it in STEP, IGES etc via fusion, but still the same problem, solidworks can't import this model in volume:(

At any rate, the network that I can't exploit :)

mrs_final.sldprt

Hello

When importing a neutral file type, you go to Open, then you select your file type, and you go to the options and select your import options, as in the attached file, and there you should have files in volume with error repair

option_dimport_step.jpg
1 Like

Hello:)

Thank you for your answer, I've already tried but solidworks can't do it, I have this message at the end of the attempt in volume.

maillage.png