Exploit a file with the .e57 extension?

Hello

What are your suggestions for opening a .e57 file from 3D scanner? Is it necessary to use a third-party application, if so, which one is the most appropriate for operation on Solidworks?

Thank you!

Nicholas.

I do think that you have to go through the scanning software to convert to a format accepted by SW.

1 Like

Hello

We use Cyclone 3DR, formerly 3dReshaper I think. It is a paid software.

We use it for point cloud processing and for meshing. We retrieve a .obj file that we convert in solidworks.

Hello @NicoLH 

Integrated into SW is the ScanTo3D feature.

This subject has been dealt with several times on this forum: a little in situ research will give you the best answers because these are not operations as trivial as that.

Kind regards

1 Like

Sorry Zozo_mp, I did a good search before posting, here and elsewhere, but nothing conclusive in the results.

And Scanto3D does not allow this opening (you must first extract the coordinates from the cloud, without the additional information).

(Unless I'm mistaken...)

Nicholas.

Check with the scan provider (usually before buying it!) for compatibility, and the formats that can be exported.

If a single format (.e57?) asked them which export software to get something usable under SW.

There are so many brands of scanners that the only one who will surely have the answer will be the scanner manufacturer.

1 Like

See this link 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/fr/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/FRA/How-to-import-a-e57-Point-Cloud-into-AutoCAD.html

@+

2 Likes