EXPORT DXF

Hello

I have flat sheet metal pieces on which I occasionally have engraved text to put in.

The problem when I register my sheet metal part in DXF, the splines (curves) of the numbers and letters are "pixelated". All curves are transcribed into linear multi-segments.

I've tried several fonts and the problem remains the same!!!

Could you tell me how to solve this problem?

I am very afraid of your negative answers on this subject...

Thank you for your help!!!

capture_original.jpg
capture_dxf.jpg

Hello 

Look in the export options. 

001.png
003.jpg
1 Like

Hello

@Lynk is right, this can indeed solve the export problem.

But be careful, sometimes the CAM software that retrieves these DXFs with splines cannot interpret them! This has happened to me before!

In this case, we have to dig further by looking at the DXF version (R12, R13... R2002...). From memory, versions below R2000 do not support splines.

DXF and splines, a long history...

Kind regards.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers... That's what I feared...

No solutions to my problem...

More good computer engineers at solidworks who don't know how to manage file migrations... :-(

1 Like

Hello @

That's right , @a.eriaud , on my side and since I opted for the r12, there is no longer a problem whether in-house or subcontracted. 

Hello

For my part, when I want to be sure to keep the splines when exporting from Solidworks, I create a PDF that I then open in Adobe Illustrator to clean it up and then export it in DXF (version higher than R2000 as specified by @a.enriaud)

Hello verrong,

Otherwise, this morning while having my coffee, I thought about a problem I encountered in my previous job: marking by NC engraving of forming tools.

And looking at what you want to write, I think it's just information, it's not "artistic" text.

To do this we had found a "stick" type font, it had no thickness, just segments that we used as a trajectory for the engraving. The best thing is that there is no spline.

Well, the problem, I don't remember where we found it! I will try to check with my former colleagues and I will keep you informed.

Have a nice weekend.

Hello;

Here are some special Laser fonts. (See pdf attached).
The "*.ttf" files are to be copied to the "C:\Windows\Fonts" directory.

Kind regards.

police-laser.pdf
gunplay_rg.ttf
laserfb.ttf
laserfb_0.ttf
laseros.ttf
lasers.ttf
lasersc.ttf
laserssb.ttf
5 Likes

@Maclane, thanks for the fonts

1 Like