Unable to export SW 2011 to SW 2015

Hello

I opened a folder of files of parts drawn on SolidWorks 2011, except some parts and assemblies do not open on Solidworks 2015 ("future version")

Do you have a solution? Thank you

Hello

Normally no problem to open SW files of a lower version.

However, it is not possible to open files of a higher version than the native format. It is possible to convert them into neutral formats (step, igs, etc.). But this implies a loss of the tree of creation.

Some versions of the latest service packs allow you to open files of the higher version. Example It is possible to open a 2014 file with the 2013 SP5 version. But for reasons of evolution, this is not possible for the 2014 and 2015 for example.

2 Likes
For me it's a bug! Is it possible to save as in SolidWorks 2011 under a new name?

Hello

If you are in education your SW2015 corresponds to an industrial SW2014, so you try to open in a 2014 of the 2015 so impossible.

Otherwise, it is impossible to have a future version on a 2015 because it is the latest version.

@+

2 Likes

I started again and it was indeed a bug, I got my parts files in two copies, one good and one bad ("future version" once again)

Thank you

2 Likes