Extracting meta data Solid Edge file

Has anyone ever extracted meta data (title, number, date, author...) from Solid Edge files to Excel or Access through VBA programming?

Thank you for your information.

Hello

Maybe with SE BOM Extractor. It is a tool that extracts data from SolidEdge BOMs and exports it to an Excel table.

http://www.freedownloadcenter.com/Se/export-solid-edge-bom-to-excel/

I don't know what types of data you want to export, but it has to do it with this tool...

2 Likes

Hello

Grandpa offers you this solution:

For an assembly: Create the drawing by adding at least one view. Create the BOM. In the BOM properties, "columns" tab, add all the properties you want to export and apply. The BOM that appears contains all the selected data. Right-click in the nomenclature: select "copy the content". Open an excell sheet and copy the contents of the Solid Edge BOM.

You will be able to export in one of the many file formats offered by Excell...

For a part: you have to follow the same method, i.e. create an assembly containing only this part, then as before.

Note 1: I haven't explored the following possibility: create a specific nomenclature frame (BOM.txt), and call it via "show blocks". The default generic file (BOM.txt) is located under Program Files\Solid Edge STx\Template\Reports

Enjoy solid edge!