Extract Sheet Metal Element from Solid Swept Helix - SOLIDWORKS

Hi all!

I am looking for a simple and fast method, in order to extract a DXF for laser cutting (flat) and therefore make a sheet metal element, from a 3D solid such as below.
I want to extract my 2 side blanks and my bottom sheet and other if necessary (if I close the whole thing for example)

I attach the 3D model.
Thanks in advance!

curve.sldprt

Not everyone sees 3d (future version).

If I understood the request correctly, look at this tutorial made some time ago but still relevant:

https://www.lynkoa.com/contenu/r%C3%A9aliser-une-spire-pour-vis-darchim%C3%A8de-en-t%C3%B4lerie-0

Otherwise post an image to correct my answer!

Attached is a view of my room in question

capture.jpg

For a part like yours, the ideal way to have an unfolded state is to use the sheet metal function, which allows you to have your part in a normal state and in an unfolded state.

Attached is an example (SW2020).

To unfold, select this feature in Sheet Metal after selecting Bent1 Base Sheet in the feature manager

And the result unfolded in pictures:

For the 1st answer indeed with the image I realize that I answered next to it, which shows that the image is essential...

test.sldprt
2 Likes

Thank you, but here the complication is that it is a debillarding: sweeping along a propeller and with a different shape underneath/below.

Via flat surface tool

SOLIDWORKS Premium 

@+

1 Like

So use the tutorial to make the 1st sheet also via a propeller. then the rolled sheet metal sides.

1 Like

If you have a 3D test model, it would be the best!
Thank you

Attached is the example with just the bottom plate

EDIT: With the part it's better

exemple_tole.sldprt

Thank you very much
I master this part, but it's more for the side part where I dry a little (with the rack on it) ...

Any proposals please give me a hand??

For the 2nd part, you have to proceed in the same way, either in the same room or in a 2nd room, depending on what you want to achieve.

Here the whole thing is gathered in the same room to select the part you want in the unfolded state, you click on unfolded state 2 or 3 then on the flat icon (from the 3D) and to export save as dxf or dwg select Sheet metal work and validate.

Or else you make the drawing and you unfold the 2 flat sheets and then you export.

exemple_tole-v2.sldprt