Extruding a pyramid shape

Hello  

I need your help because I would like to make an extrusion of a pyramid shape. I made a 3D sketch thinking of doing an extrusion but it doesn't work.

Is this you would have a technique?

Thank you

Hello

With a simple 2D sketch and extrusion with draft it works.

pyramide.jpg
7 Likes

Otherwise a smooth base boss parametric with respect to the linear and angular dimensions;) 

3 Likes

- A smoothing with a dot as the final shape
- a removal of material repeated circularly x times (x being the number of faces of the pyramid)

3 Likes

Hi all 

I thank you for your answers but I am not satisfied yet, I have tried the method of extrusion with draft but it is not yet what I want.

I'm attaching what I'd like (3D sketch blue lines) and what I get with the extrusion (yellow lines).

I'm going to try the smooth base boss technique so if you can explain the procedure or a little tutorial it would be cool.

thank you in advance 

extrusion.jpg
extrusion_2.jpg

Hello

In your case, I would do:

1. a new shot with the sketch of a trapezoid whose 2 points of the vertex meet (or almost), to form your triangle on the left
  2. Another plane with the sketch of your small rectangle on the right, a trapezoid with the edges at the same angle as the "triangle", to keep the faces flat.
  3. Applying the smoothing between these 2 sketches

In the PC, a screenshot of what it looks like and the file of the room so that you can study it (for SW 2020):

pyramidal.png
pyramidal_example_sw2020.sldprt
2 Likes

Nickel!!

Thank you very much,  it's perfect..  

1 Like