Have the Library follow between 2 licenses (SW 2014 to 2021)

I just took the 2021 version of SolidWorks and have to take over my set from an earlier version (2014).

Unfortunately I can't follow the path of the pieces I have in my "personal" library without having to look for the new path of each piece myself.

I had to switch from Dropbox to Synology, I don't know if it has an impact.

Hello

I'm not sure I understand the problem though, if the access paths have changed, SW necessarily loses these links.

If, on the other hand, it is a problem of setting up access to library files via the design library, you just have to redeclare the path in the general options (file location then design library) or add it directly in the library.

1 Like

Hello 

Yes, the path has been changed following the change from Dropbox to Synology...

Following a change of tower, the company took the opportunity to switch from Dropbox to Synology. But the problem is that the paths of the standard parts I had created in my library do not follow, which is perfectly normal since the paths are no longer the same. But I would like to be able to put the new path of these parts back without having to do it manually case by case... Impossible given the quantity! 

I have a doubt because I haven't used it for a few years because it slowed down file openings, but by checking this reference and adding your paths to the new library in "Go to reference documents" it seems to me that if it doesn't find a part (wrong path, it searches in the specified path.

Example for:

D:\Temp\Temp1\temp2\part1.sldprt

He will search in

G:\Temp\Temp1\temp2\part1.sldprt

If you add the G:\ drive in the reference documents.

Otherwise, the easiest way is probably to work with your IT department to ensure that the names of the paths remain the same despite the change of hardware (for example I have my wifi access point of my SFR box called freebox_xyz: I didn't want to reconfigure all my connected objects, so I reconfigured the box). You must have a way to rename the name and path of your Synology to be called strictly like your old Dropbox.

1 Like