Forward custom properties in derived configurations

Hi everyone

Small problem needing a solution please:

We use custom properties in our Solidworks parts (via a properties form), some of which are configuration-specific.

We need them to be configuration-specific.

However, this is a concern for the unfolded states of the sheet metal parts. This is because the properties entered in the sheet metal part do not follow in the unfolded state.

Would it be possible to make custom properties follow in the unfolded state (which is a DERIVATIVE configuration) but not in the other configurations?

Thank you

Hello, I think it's impossible without VBA programming

Hello

we work with the same principle and to overcome this problem you have to fill in the custom properties before creating the MEP with the unfolded version. If you do this the custom properties should follow in the unfolded configuration. The problem that we encounter later on is that if we copy the part to modify it for another project; you have to think about modifying the custom properties in the 2 configurations because it's not right, which is normal...

In this case ac cobra you can use my save as macro that I posted on lynkoa and adapt it so that it removes all the properties you want!

Thank you for your answers.

Ac cobra is what we already do, but indeed when modifying it is necessary to think about modifying everything. And that's precisely what is the problem...