Part family linked to an Excel file

Hello everyone,

We are in the process of modifying our screw library... and I'd like to take the opportunity to outsource the Excel file of the part family.

When creating the part family, I selected:

• From the file (then I indicated the location of the Excel file)
  • Link to file

In file size I gain a little (but it's not significant).

On the other hand, I think it's easier to modify on tourt if you have more than 600 lines like we do!!!

Does anyone make these families of pieces in this way? If so, are there any pitfalls?

Hello

Why is it easier to modify?

We use files included in the SolidWorks file, and to modify we do "edit in a new window" and it works very well.

3 Likes

Hi flegendre,

We tried it and we quickly came back to the file included in the play. The reason for this was a very long recording time.

Since the screws concern almost all the assemblies it quickly becomes very painful? By deleting the external file no more worries.

As Lucas says 

To edit, you have to open in a new window

See you.

5 Likes

Hello

I join my colleagues, we too tested and we quickly went back....

1 Like

I thought I was more seriously interested in it, but it nipped the project in the bud.

Time and money saved:)

2 Likes

Hi everyone

It's a really annoying situation, but unfortunately I don't really  know anything about it and I can't give you a real solution but I advise you to visit this site instead http://excel.developpez.com/ . Most of the time, I was able to find  effective and very clear solutions to all my problems related to the world of applications, design, development, etc..... In short, everything related to the world of the web and many other simple and practical tips that revolve mainly around Excel. With a bit of luck, you may find all the right techniques and information to solve this kind of problem. Don't forget to share here if you found anything. For my part, I will try to find out a little more as well.  And see you soon I hope 

1 Like