Window of view too large in relation to my room

Hi all

My question concerns the drawings.

I would like to know if there is a possibility to change the size of the working window of my view because it is much too large.

when I want to make details, I hide the bodies I don't need and let the piece to be detailed appear,

This problem happens to me from time to time because normally the window adjusts to the room, is this an option? a bellow?

Here is a screenshot to better understand my problem:

1 Like

We all have the same worries I think.

There is only one solution for me, to trim the view.

Otherwise, it's to load the piece in question or save it to a new room.

1 Like

I just saw the option "include hidden function objects"

to try but I don't think

Hello

When you hide the parts of an assembly in a drawing, the "frame" of the  view updates automatically. (Edit: and when you hide the body of a room as well!)

But there's one detail that may explain your inconvenience: annotations or sketch entities may be linked to this view, without you intending to. This can usually be seen by grasping the frame of the view and moving it. If other elements are moving at the same time, they are linked to this view.

Edit

2 Likes

I have the impression that it's a mechanically welded part plan, rather than hiding the bodies, it's better to "select the bodies" in the view panel

2 Likes

Thank you Bart, I didn't think of trimming the view, the idea is good and I would apply this method.

Benoit, yes the problem of annotations and lines has already happened to me, but here it's not the case, and indeed normally the window is set to the right size automatically but it doesn't work all the time.

Stefbeno, I don't have this tab below the "default" tab , how can I get it?

Cdlt

1 Like

Is your drawing of an assembly or a part? If it's an assembly, it's normal that you don't have the "Body Selection" button. If it's a room, it's not normal.

Which version of SW are you on?

1 Like

Oh okay, I work well on an assembly, normally I work with a multi-body part in mechanically welded but some parts had to be bolted and then it was decided to weld them, so I am forced to work on an assembly.

1 Like