Asm.1 file made with Proengeneer

Hello

I just received an asm.1 file made with proengeneer.

I have to make an exploded with 3Dvia but the file gets wrong after a few seconds when opening.

What would be the action to be done on Proengeneer in order to have a file that can be used on 3Dvia or what extension could be given during the export?

Thank you.

Fred

Hello

Still, I advise you to import the Pro/e files as shown below

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_PROE_ASSEM_CONV_OPTION.htm

What is the mistake you have when you start importing?

Hello

Otherwise maybe go through a STEP or IGES

Apparently, there is no option to open a ProE file.

If you have SolidWorks, try importing it into SolidWorks, and then try importing the file in SolidWorks format.

Otherwise, try to obtain an unviversal format such as iges, step, parasolid

Mickael

1 Like

If your Pro/Engeneer file requires a reconstruction when opening, this is a problem when importing into 3DVIA (example of piping/wiring)

If we are talking about SolidWorks or Catia, the import of these files is done using an importer which is nothing more than an OEM version of these applications (go to the 3DVIA folder you will see a "CATIA" folder with CATIA executables). As a result, the files are rebuilt during imports.

In the case of Pro/Engeneer, there is none of that, 3DVIA reads the file and extracts the geometry. But if some functions only exist after opening/rebuilding in Pro/Engeneer, then this can be a problem... It may be missing geometry or not imported at all.

If you are in this case, there is only the solution of the STEP/IGES to solve your problem

Now maybe you are not in this case, but at this time it would be good to give us the error message that 3DVIA returns to you.

Hello

Do you have both the asm file and the ready files that go with it?

@+

1 Like

Hello

Like Coyote, I doubt the architecture: if you only have the asm file, it's dead. (I strongly think about this).

You must have the asm, and several .prt files, and this in the same directory, of course.

Otherwise, you need to request an exported file such as STEP or IGES, it is indeed possible that the file requires an internal reconstruction in Pro-Eng. (Less likely but possible)

Well, Fab asked for it, but the same: the 3DVIA error message might help.

Otherwise, I forgot:

Ask your interlocutor from the assembly in pro-engineer to make a backup of the file in a .ZIP file: Pro-E then includes everything that is needed for the ASM.

On your side, you unzip the ZIP file, and if in this case the transfer does not work, it is an export in exchange format that will help you. Or it's 3DVIA that bugs.