Mechanically welded sketch file property to automatically name the name of the generated body

Hi all.

During the last visit of an SS dealing in our company. The latter showed a colleague a property in the SDLLFP file that, when filled, automatically renames the body generated when using the mechanically welded function with the value of this property.

Unfortunately the colleague did not note and no way to contact the ss handler.

Anyone have an idea of this property??

Thank you in advance

Happydad

Hello

The SDLLFP file that your processing SS modified with your colleague is no longer available to check the properties and or make the comparison with another file ????

1 Like

If you have the mycad utilities, you can do it easily from the SmartProperties utility

2 Likes

As flegendre says, here is the option in the smartproperties to make your request.

At the bottom of the print, check screen, automatically rename the welded mechanic folders with a property value and choose the property.

mecano-smartproperties.png
2 Likes

Otherwise, without the need to go through a "Third-Party Tool",

in the SW2016, there is an option to check in the PRT document,

to no longer use the "Classical (usual) method" of the Welded Constructions:

Option Document / Consolidated Command / Rename Folder...  (you have to tick it)

2 Likes

Hello everyone.

First of all, a thousand apologies for the delay, but holidays oblige.

So unfortunately the file was not available because the SST had done it on his laptop.

I will try to see with the colleague whether one of the other two proposals speaks to him.

Happydad

Hello 

I must have missed this post, you just have to add a "Description" property in the custom properties specific to the configuration in the .sldlfp file and make sure that in the SW options, Nomer with the description property is enabled.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Indeed, that is what it is.

All I was missing was the option to check off in the options

A big thank you to you

It would have been better to put my answer as a "solution", too bad.