Eligible Arrow

Hi all

I am in the process of making a calculation note for a customer (under Solidworks Simulation Standard), a Galva Steel rack made of mechanically welded assembly intended to receive ventilation ducts.

I applied all the required loads, namely the mass of my sheath, its wind resistance and an acceleration of gravity for the seismic loads.

The customer requests that the maximum deflection not exceed 1/300 of the range under loads and overload.

Solidworks gives me the maximum displacement in mm, the problem is that the span is not the same between spars, crossbars, legs, crosses, etc....

So my question is to know if the software is able to give me the points where the deflection exceeds the critical value of 1/300?

Thank you for your help.

Sylvain.

Hello

To see the maximum displacements by value (in mm) 

in the displacement graph study result  select "Edit Iso"

(image iso01)

Then you can see the critical displacement values (arrow) by dragging the slider

(image iso02)

images.zip
1 Like

Thank you for your help, but...

it doesn't answer my problem, I would like to know if SW is able to tell me at which place(s) the arrow exceeds the permissible value of 1/300 between 2 connectors?

Example: I have a range of 5000mm between 2 connectors so the permissible displacement is 5000/300, or 16.66mm. If I exceed this value between these 2 connectors, I would like SW to tell me.

Thank you.

So you have to put a sensor on SolidWorks:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Sensors_OH.htm?id=a50bc4f25f8a4ec1bc4caad2f6fa9394

1 Like