Arrow on simulation

Hello

I'm currently on a simu of a lift table, and I need to take out the boom at a specific point... but on the horizontal axis.

I probe the element that interests me, and I have an arrow in vertical (Y). If I want the value of the arrow at the same point, but horizontally, what would be the manipulation?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Regards

Hello Jwunder I

BEN! Uh!!!   I see neither the spire nor the Indians!

Just kidding;-)  but tell us which arrow you're talking about : especially on a lift table.

Also tell us if it's a 4 or 8 scissor table or more!

A small screenshot (attached to keep it legible) would be welcome.

Which version of SW and is your need for a Pro or a student?

Afterwards you can attach your ASM in ZIP (especially with the results of your simulation in the zip with the "pack and go function"). It often goes faster to give an opinion or not.

Kind regards

Hello Zozo

This is a lift table designed especially for our customer. I attach a pdf with some screenshots.

I have already provided a written calculation note, with the different pivots, non-deformable solids instead of cylinders to correctly transmit the forces, the mass of the part applied vertically on the upper plate etc... The design has been validated.

My client also asks me for another approach. Basically, to answer his question, I block my lower frame and my upper plate, and I apply the forces at the level of the maximum pressure cylinder clevis of the hydraulic unit (so potentially the highest force there is) to check the deformation of my clevises.

Except that the deformation that is given to me by simulation is the deformation on the vertical axis, while I need to know the displacement on my horizontal axis (Z axis on page 3 of the PDF). For example, you can see on page 5, when I use the "weld" tool, I only have a value of deformation (in the deal I would like to on the 3 axes). The other digits are the coordinates of the nodes.

I'm on a Solidworks Standard 2019 SP2.0 version, with a standard simulation license.

I would like to avoid transmitting the file, because I have several positions on my simus and the file is 1.2go... :-)

If I really have to, I can do it, but I'll have to be patient because the connection to work is... ancient.

Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day

simu_table.pdf

Hello Jwunder

Thanks for the PDF

First of all, I'm happy to see some nice mechanics (a bit strong by the way). Your customer will be able to lift these cylinders quietly.

For your problem, the vectors given by Simu are always in the direction given by the force or the charge.

Be careful not to confuse probe and sensor because in your case you need to create sensors corresponding to what you want to do.

You therefore need to define one or more sensors or if it does not suit you for certain positions or others then you can define ""Other simulation sensors""

You can also define "a sensor from Results Surveyed" which, given your kinematics, create a sensor that will be the most significant in relation to a significant deformation.

As there are quite a few possibilities and it cannot be explained in a few lines, I put you the following link http://help.solidworks.com/2019/French/SolidWorks/cworks/HIDD_HELP_PROBE_SENSOR.htm?id=2bafcd023cf446cd80a07188e87074a8#Pg0

That said, quite between us, the demand for your client does not seem to me to be correlated with the risk. I will extend the discussion a little beyond your request, if you don't mind.

From what I see of your design, your pins seem to be ground shoulder screws in 10.9 or 12.9 steel (BTR type), rabourdin or Umbrako. So this also means that in addition to a very high shear strength, you also have a high resistance in the axial direction of the screw, which means that the flanges of your clevis will be strongly maintained, which limits the risk of opening the sides.

This means that depending on how you put your connectors you will have significantly different results.

However, from what I see from your simulation, the axes are not in place, which means that you have deformations where you shouldn't have any. I also have the impression that we are no closer to a level charge than to a charge as you seem to have put them. For me you are with the screeds in the case of the application of multi-sided bearing forces.

The same goes for the welds because, well, yes! The weak point will not be the clevis but of course the welds of these due to your choice of design. It would be in your interest to do a simulation on the welds (PropertyManager, weld bead type connector), especially since the thrust axis of the cylinders is off-centered, which makes these welds work in shear almost all the time.

There is another weak point that also appears in the simulation that should perhaps be treated as much as the screeds. Because these systems are treated as static, which is not true when the load lifted by the table will move, even if only during the summit rotation

Perhaps these elements are known before simulation by your calculations on the welds.
Well sorry to have gone beyond your request but between PROs it is sometimes worth discussing for 5 minutes.

Kind regards

1 Like