Function of one part driving the opposite function on the other part

Hello, I have a two-piece assembly next to each other. I added material to the first one which went into the second. To avoid interference, I modified the second part by removing material identical to the previous removal. However, having to do the same  operations on other different assemblies, I wonder if anyone knows of an efficient method to have the profile and counter-profile by performing a single function. Thank you. :)

Hello

Can you put us a screen print of an assembly with what you need...

This is a simple mortise and tenon assembly. 

tenon_mortaise_simple_eclate.png

Closed assembly. The goal is to find a method that I could use with mouldings as well. Thank you.

tenon_mortaise_simple.png

There's the borrowed function that exists to do this...

Yes, I've already used it once, otherwise I'd have to create a reusable function library based on assemblies.

AC Cobra 427, I see that you know the program well, is it possible to transform a mechanically welded volume body into a part? 

Thank you very much.

Or there's this, if you have Solidworks 2018.

1 Like

Yes it's possible, can you give me an example of what you'd like?

I would have liked each volume body to be a part in its own right in order to modify them as a part. Thank you.

frame1.sldprt

Hello

@ac cobra Small note :The 2018 mortise tenon function is only valid for sheet metal work but not  for profile type volume  bodies or wooden pieces embedded in mortise tenon.

@alpapha3000 it's welded construction parts that you want because your file starts and does it like that. What is your frame made of?? In the first drawing (post # 3) it didn't look like it was wood

Cdlt

Zozo_mp,

Any body can be converted to sheet metal via the convert to sheet metal function, even if there is no crease in it, it is a roundabout way to gain access to functions not normally available.

1 Like

Thanks @ Cobra 427

Very clever

But in this case, if I understand what you are proposing, it is that the sheet metal would be the thickness of the profile, let's say for the example 100 x 30.

I'll try to see in this case what it looks like :-)