Assembly functions in configurator with DriworksXpress

Hi all

I am currently making a 3D configurator for a metal door. I have an assembly with the sheet metal parts that make up the door and the locks likely to equip it; I want to cut the sheets corresponding to the chosen lock. My configurator is driven by DriveWorkXpress.

I first made the cuts with the assembly functions, it works well with DWXpress, but here, I need the cuts to be applied at the part level to be able to generate the unfolded plans and that's where it gets messy.

When I check  the option "propagate the function to the parts" in the assembly function the operation becomes a bit chaotic by manually changing configuration, the cutouts do not update well, I am sometimes forced to enter the function and validate for the construction to be updated.

Finally, when I use the model with DWXpress it doesn't work at all, since the files are renamed, the links between the assembly function and its propagation in the part are totally broken.

Does anyone have a solution to get around the problem.

Thank you

Hello

I think you have two concerns:

• When I check  the option "propagate the function to the parts" in the assembly function the operation becomes a bit chaotic by manually changing configuration, the cutouts do not update well, I am sometimes forced to enter the function and validate for the construction to be updated.
  • Finally, when I use the model with DWXpress it doesn't work at all, since the files are renamed, the links between the assembly function and its propagation in the part are totally broken.

Could you elaborate a little more on what your first problem is?

This is because if you encounter problems manually in SOLIDWORKS, DriveWorksXpress is almost guaranteed to be impacted.

Finally, concerning the assembly functions with DriveWorksXpress, I am attaching an article that explains what is possible with "in-context" functions

http://docs.driveworkspro.com/Topic/HowToSolidWorksBestPracticesInContext

Kind regards

Thomas

1 Like