Solidworks functions blocked, unable to edit the file!

Hello

I can't use any function on a part, even a simple drilling.

I'm using the 2018 SP5 version of Solidworks. When I use the 2020 SP5 version of Solidworks, I can make all the changes on the part.

I open this same file with another computer which also has the 2018 SP5 version and I manage to modify this one.

Does anyone have an idea?

I can't find any solution and this is the second time.

To solve this problem the first time, a complete reinstallation of the station had been carried out.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

It smells like a corrupt file!

The best would be to convert it to a standard parasolid file ( *.x_t  ) to make a minor modification and then save it in SLDPRT format.

It's not logical, but it works in principle. ;-)

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

Do you have both Sw versions on the same machine? Maybe it's a version conflict. In general, we don't keep an old version precisely because of the conflict between the links that point between the different versions.

2 Likes

Indeed, the file is corrupted but since you can open it on another machine, re-save it, in general it works.

2 Likes

It is likely that it is a problem with a corrupted options file, necessarily directly from the part, 

You can try to open it from solidworks Rx (type RX in the start menu, launch Rx 2020 and at the very bottom "launch solidworks ignoring the settings under tools/options) and try to open the file, 

I think you could possibly attach the piece in question so that we can try to open it, 

Good evening, 

4 Likes

Hello

As suggested earlier, I tried from Solidworks RX.

The magic worked and I managed to make changes to the piece.

Thank you again, I will be able to continue my work.

1 Like

Hello

The Rx session is temporary, to solve the problem, you have to go to the registry editor and rename this folder: 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks.old

It is this folder that is responsible for the problem, it will reset the options to default, 

Yours truly, 

1 Like

I just changed the registry.

All of them work, I just had to reconfigure my preferences.

Thank you.