Guardrail, round crossbar and constraints

Hi all 

I just created a staircase on solidworks, and I have to make the railing that goes with it. Flat posts, round handrail and round crossbars.  To make my parts no problem, on the other hand the crossbars and the handrail are a problem for me.

I don't know how to constrain them properly, I've never done with round pieces and I realize that it's much more complicated. Of course, there are no edges,  summits etc... So I'm drying up a bit, I've tried to cheat and add stitches on my pieces but without results.

If someone could unblock me that would be great
I'm on solidworks 2019.

Thank you very much!!!

capture_decran_19.png

Hello

I think I'd use planes and tangency (between the edges of your posts and the body of the handrail)

1 Like

Hello

if you have plans that go through the center of your railing and handrail; You just need to create parallel stresses with a distance from the stringer because they should all be parallel. 

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I'll try to do it like that!!

1 Like

+1 for cylinders use the planes and on the last upright a plane offset by x cm will do the trick with a coincident constraint.

I prefer the offset plane to the distance constraint because the plane serves as a "handle" to change the value if necessary.

Hello

Have you been able to find a solution?