Keep the same number in the BOM

Hello everyone, today I have a question about the nomenclatures under SW:

My big problem with bills of materials and seeing the part numbers change with each transformation in my 3D: I use a classic annotation in each view box, which means that if I add a part, my annotation becomes wrong and moreover: I have to recheck each number each time / modification.

I'd like to know if there's a way to keep the numbers the same, so to speak: freeze them once and for all! 

Good evening

I don't know the exact way to freeze the numbers on the head, but with automatic bubbles, the bubbles automatically update according to changes in the nomenclature. If the assembly changes, the nomenclature is updated and so is the bubble. So you don't have to fill in the bubble text by hand.

Tip: You can also insert an auto-speech bubble into a text box (e.g. Rep. 01) by writing in the Rep. text box and clicking on the corresponding balloon (01). I use it to locate the different bodies of a mechanically welded part (MEP with on the same sheet the part and a detail of each body)

Otherwise it is possible that the BOM follows the assembly order, in which case you just need to put the new parts at the end of the assembly tree.

Thank you

You say that you don't have in mind the way to freeze numbers, but you think there is one?

I also think that the nomenclature takes the order of the part list in the creation tree, only with several sub-assemblies it is difficult to manage.

And yes, the problem of filling bubbles by hand and having problems later if the order of nomenclature changes! That's why I absolutely try to freeze them.

Thanks for the tip

Hello

It is not possible to freeze them since the advantage of Sw is that it is dynamic.

But one possible solution, which I apply, is the following.

a) if your assembly is at one level, add the part at the end of your assembly; Thus a new ref is added to the nomenclature, but the other numbers do not change.

b) if the main assembly contains sous_assemblages: use the same technique and develop the nomenclature in steps: each sub-assembly will keep its ref. and put the part you add, at the end of the sub-assembly concerned.

"And yes, the problem of filling bubbles by hand and having problems later if the order of nomenclature changes! That's why I absolutely try to freeze them."

You don't have to fill the bubbles by hand, but put automatic bubbles, so you are sure to always have an up-to-date bubble that corresponds to the nomenclature.

Yes I thought about making bubbles and removing the attachment line, but when I go to create a plane (I use the reference change method) it may move everywhere.

I will keep you informed about your proposed techniques

Thanks again;)

If I understand correctly, you have an assembly composed of several sub-assemblies.

In the drawing, you bubble all the parts including those of the sub-assemblies.

For me, there is no miracle to expect, if you add parts in a sub-assembly, it will necessarily shift the components located later in the main assembly.

Solution 1: Do not sub-assemble and add the parts at the end of the assembly

Solution 2: make a bill of materials by sub-assembly + a bill of materials for the main assembly.

Hello, there is an option when editing BOM. (see attached file)

sans_titre.png
1 Like