Handling different scales when exporting dwg

Hello

I have a plan with views following the scale of the sheet, and other views of details (so at another scale)...

I would like that when I export all the views in dwg all the views to scale to the same so as not to have any problems when taking dimensions under autocad (even if it gives me a messy drawing).

Is there a solution?

(I've already enabled 1:1 Output Scale, but this is not satisfactory for x scales in a drawing)

Thank you!

To my knowledge there is no solution directly in solidworks,

Maybe you should develop a macro that temporarily scales all the views to the sheet, exports to DXF and then rescales correctly.

2 Likes

Indeed, as fthhomas says, nothing automatic at this level.

It can be automated if you have the Integration utility

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaires/utilitaire-integration.html

Yves

2 Likes

@ yves Boutherand:

We have integration... But I don't see how to use it in this specific case!

Thank you for the answer.

So if you have the integration utility, I'm going to make you a little macro.

The latter will allow all views to be put on the same scale. Be careful though, the views may overlap.

Then, all you have to do is make a rule in Integration. When you initiate a dwg export, integration will automatically launch the macro.

I'm posting the macro here in the afternoon.

1 Like

@ Yves Boutherand,

Great, thank you! I'm testing this macro as soon as possible.

So here is a macro that allows you to switch all the views of a SolidWorks drawing to scale 1.

Just look, the comments in the macro will help.

Well, it's done quickly, everyone is free to improve this macro as they see fit.

Yves

echelle_1.zip
3 Likes

@Yves Boutherand

Thanks for the macro, I tested briefly under integration...

If necessary, choose a reduced scale so that the views do not overlap and then exort to dwg to scale1

Thanks again for the responsiveness!