Managing Concurrent Use Licenses

Hello

I have the option of floating licenses, the installation of SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP04 is done on both server and pc and the license manager works well

I have a standard license and a prof. license, I have 2 questions about this management:

• How can my users choose the type of license? By default it is a standard that is allocated
  • How can they block a "token" when they plan to work outside?  

Thanks in advance

Eric 

1 Like

Hello

So from memory the pro license is specific to a PC. Clearly to use the Pro you have to use the PC on which  the Pro is installed.

For the tokens you have to go to Started Menu => SolidWorks Tool => SolidNetwork Licenses => Choose License Borrowing and a Duration.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

Here is a small methodology

sw_methodologie_detacher_une_licence_du_serveur.pdf
3 Likes

Thank you 2

For the borrowing of licenses it's included, I "played" a little with the manager and it's ok

On the other hand, when it comes to choosing a bachelor's degree, it's always a bit unclear.

we have 1 teacher license and 1 standard, by default I have standards that load ...

I need to be able to say: I use the pro or the standard

Hello

The use of a standard or a pro is related to the add-ins launched in SW.

By default, a standard is used. On the other hand, if you want to block this pro for a given user (or a given group of users) you need to add a configuration file to be launched via the license manager.

I don't have the pdf available anymore but from memory it's in the folder below: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\setup\flexlm\flexuser\licensingenduserguide.pdf

This folder is on the license server normally otherwise you have to look in the sources (to see if DVD media still sent by DS)

2 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback