Processing management on 3D parts

Hello

With solidworks we have the possibility to manage the material via the panel on the left. I can then take this property back to the 2D cartridge.

Is there a way to do something like this for a treatment? (Thermal treatment, e.g. quenching, etc.)

If this is not possible I will go through a macro that will manage a custom property, but if there is an already existing tool (Integrated into Solidworks, therefore, without going through another macro or addin).

Thank you.

Hello

Yes, you just have to modify the basemap so that it takes into account the custom property that you will have chosen with the property form, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjcPHx2Ff8

1 Like

Ah so that was my question, for the background I know how to go about it.

But we have to go through the ownership form? There is no "tool" like this (Which is for the subjects):

No, nothing similar to the contents menu in SolidWorks.

We could imagine creating folders for each subject with each treatment, but it gets a bit complicated!

Indeed, so I'll handle it myself. Thank you!

Hello

If you fill in the information in the material properties,

With the SmartProperties tool , from myCADtools. You can research and apply a material.

Upon validation, the custom properties of the selected material are automatically created in the properties of the SW file.

You can then make a classic property link to your title block.

A+

1 Like

Hello

The material database is customizable: you can add custom properties to each material (see screenshot); but this oblegates to create a material by possible treatment (2 times the same material if you have 2 possibilities of treatment)

otherwise there is a Custom Properties tool that is integrated into Solidworks and configurable according to the contexts.

propriete.jpg
1 Like

You can also add a custom property 'therimic processing' in the properties related to the room (or to the configurations depending on your way of working).

This then allows you to have a note in your drawings related to this property of the 3D part/assembly (or to add a 'heat treatment' column in your bills of materials).

I think the majority of companies have to work that way.

1 Like

Thank you for your answers, the problem being that on a ~~30 material base and just as much processing, that's 30*30 so a lot of data...

It's not sustainable for us. So I took care of creating a macro that manages material and processing with the customized parameters of the part.