Multibody property management

Hello

I'm coming to you because I'd like to improve my method of managing multibody parts.

Example:

I have a mechanically welded part N°123. This part is composed of profiles, laser parts, cylindrical bosses, welded machined inserts, or others...

I would like to point out that we are working here in multibody parts and not in assembly.

Drawing involves cutting on different layers or files and then sending to different subcontractors (laser, bending, machining, etc.)

So I come to my question:

How do you manage body references, inside a multibody part? Can we add several custom properties to different bodies of the same part?

(solidworks 2017 SP5)

Thank you

Hello

From what I understand from solidworks, you can have a multibody object starting from individual parts.

It's an ASM that holds all your pieces just like in real life. Then you save your ASM in part  (. SLPRT) and there you are a single-body. Like that when you can modify your unibody to your liking.

I don't know enough about the configurations to help you but the "big guys" of the forum will tell you how to do it.   :-) :-)

1 Like

Hello

Yes, to have different custom properties to different bodies in a multi-body room, I make configurations and apply my properties to them and delete all the bodies I don't want to keep only the one to which I apply my properties...

2 Likes

The easiest thing for the BE, is not to be "OBLIGED" to make details of this type (i.e. several different plans with different numbers, different index, etc...) which is rather "method/industrialization",

because it will require a lot of work, and sometimes spend more time in CAD to do it, than to make the part itself!!

Without having to go into complicated functions and manipulations with SW...

Starting with a single plan, with multi-sheet is already more acceptable...

Then for the cartridge to fill up in relation to a body, there is the config method, but it's not necessarily necessary...

By setting a view with "body selection" to choose only one (or several), then

By editing the basemap (to remove the Designation-Matter-Automatic Mass) and then leaving the baseplane, and simply placing (attach  to the sheet) annotations that will point out the properties of the desired body, will allow you to fill the cartouche...

Hello ac cobra,

I understand your technique, but the config trick seems heavy to me.

When you take either to work in multibody, you can then do "body by body" drawings without having to use a config.

So I was wondering: couldn't we apply a number to each body and then get it back in the drawing?

Hello

Did you know that it is possible to dissociate and record the bodies from a multi-body piece? 

Function split bodies, the unlinked parts depend on the multi-body part.

If you go to the welded constructions folder and you select the body by making a right ckic you should have access to the properties of the body and  there you should provide custom screw properties...

1 Like

Correct ac cobra, but the only property available is in fact the name of the body.

But you can add more.

1 Like

That's exactly what I don't know how to do! And the purpose of my question:)

When you right-click on the folder, you have access to the properties and there you can add more. If you don't have access to it, just delete your folders so that only the parts remain, then you right-click on the list of welded parts and click on create an automatic list of welded parts. There you will have folders that will be created by type of parts (identical) and there you will be able to right-click on a folder of parts and you will have access to the custom properties of the group of parts...

proprietes_personnalisees_construction_soude.jpg
2 Likes

Perfect

Thank you!

1 Like

You're welcome^_^