Version Management in EPDM Assemblies

Hello

We recently implemented a version manager for parts in assemblies.

(So assemblies can insert parts with different revisions).

I was wondering if there was a way to "block" or "fix" a version in an assembly, because currently if you do "Get Latest Version" on the assembly, it will be incorrect, because it imports the latest version of all the parts inside. (Currently we have to do "Get... " and select the latest release in order to have the assembly with the components of all the right versions).

So is it possible to make sure that we can't make a mistake in fixing the version?

Thank you.

Hello

Have you tried to check the box referenced version and not the latest version?

version_pdm.jpg
1 Like

Indeed, but if for example by mistake you forget to do a "Get latest version" with this option and you double click on the file, all the files are put on their latest version and not the latest reference version.

Is it possible to modify this automatism?

(Also, with your option, you have to check it every time, so it's faster to do "Get" and select the latest version of the assembly.)

Thank you

Hello @KVuilleumier,

It seems to me that this option to force open in "latest version" or "as built" is accessible from the "Administration" tool.

But I don't know where at all... :-/

Hello

In EPDM administration, group management, there is a way to select the extraction of files with the latest or not, version of the file.

Typically, in our case, we systematically demand that the file be extracted with the latest version. (see attached image)

Kind regards

pdm.jpg