Large Assembly Management

Hello

I made a plan (Implementation) of a "big" assembly. (See photo screen of the AssemblyXpert).

My "big" problem (for 2 days !!!) is that I have to make a DWG or DXF of this assembly.... and nothing happens: impossible to convert the MEP in this 2D format: SW 2012 systematically crashes (in fact it "grinds" for hours).

Have you ever had this problem?

If so, what's the trick...

2014-07-07_gestion_gros_assemblages.png
1 Like

Hello

The first thing that comes to mind is to do a save as, to see if it works with the copy, in case the original file is corrupted.

Have you tried to make a Speedpak of your assembly? I don't know if it's transformable into a dwg later... To be tested?

And have you tried to change the DWG export settings?

And put the parts in solved or lightened ?

Otherwise, a somewhat barbaric solution:

"In case you want to send this to Draftsight/Autocad in 3D, you just need to export to ACIS (.sat).

From there, in Draftsight you use the acisin command , you will then get the import window."

Source: http://www.leguide3d.com/forum/topics/probl-me-de-conversion-en-dwg

3 Likes

Hello!!

Yes, I've encountered this problem many times with my assemblies, as soon as the format becomes a bit heavy, it's impossible to convert your drawings.

I've been working on the subject for quite some time (on Lynkoa and on other forums) and the only solution I've found that doesn't completely crash the software is to convert your assembly to .sat (ACIS), open it under Draftsight and, from there, turn it into .dwg...

I work on complex assemblies (+ 1000 parts in my case) and I haven't found anything else as fast, efficient and above all free...

I hope I helped you.

Cdt

Joss

Edit: @Lucas was faster^^

2 Likes

He doesn't even want to convert it to ".sat".

For the speedpk, I had thought about it, but I'm going to spend hours selecting the faces and bodies to exclude from the speedpak (I would have liked to be able to choose parts or assemblies and not faces or bodies).

For the SpeedPak, you must create the SpeedPak configurations for each of the subassemblies, and then choose that SpeedPak configuration from the parent assembly for each of the subassemblies.

But it's true that it's tedious to do this a posteriori, it's easier during the design.

Hello

It seems to me that the transformation into dwg of an assembly containing speedpaks does not work correctly, the parts or assemblies contained in the speedpak do not appear.

Edit:

After testing, only the surfaces or bodies specified in the speedpak appear

Fortunately there are only 164 unique sub-assemblies, good luck creating the speedpaks

2 Likes

Hello 

Have you tried using BatchConverter (just in case)?

No, I didn't try Batchconverter because I thought that the utility opened SolidWorks no matter what: so the same problem.

But I may be tested anyway, but I have a doubt....

1 Like

Hello

Be careful if you have some of the references of your assembly in surface, I have already noticed that the time to create the drawings and then export is very very very long

Hello

For my part, when I have to release DWG of large SW assembly, I do it in stages. So I open my assembly then I leave visible a certain number of parts or sub-assemblies and I open the drawing. SW only generates what is displayed in the assembly and then I save in DWG format. I go back to my assembly to hide what was visible and show what was hidden and I start the operation again. I don't have to compile the two or three DWGs obtained in a single DWG.

1 Like