Engraving on a sphere

Hello

I want to engrave text on a sphere, with SW 2012, I can't do it. Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Cdt

Fred

Hello

Try to make a projection of your text on the speri. Then if you want to remove material, you open a 3d sketch, you convert your projected text, and you remove the material (following an axis)

1 Like

I made a tangent plane, then a sketch with the text and then removal of material, but it doesn't follow the sphere.

The text must first be projected onto the sphere before removing the material

Otherwise try maybe the winding function (never used...)

1 Like

Hello

You have to play with the surface offsets:

- project the sketch onto the sphere

-cut the surface with the outline of the sketch

- offset the surface to be extruded

-thicken the surface to the sphere

It's tedious but the only time I've done it is like this. But on CREO...

Hello

I did a test with a simple extrusion translated from the surface and it looks good... Can it be suitable?

@OBIWAN, The winding function only works on cynlindres.

screenshot2884.jpg
6 Likes

The winding function works very well to do this!

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_DVE_SURF_WRAPPING_SKETCH.htm

2 Likes

Thank you Benoit, simple and fast everything I need. But I also thank all the other members for their answers.

Cdt.

Fred

1 Like

Hello

@Benoit.LF. I didn't say anything myself:(

2 Likes

But on a cylinder, I grant you Double L (edit: and not OBIWAN) and coin37coin, the winding works very very well! :)

1 Like

@Obi wan, you must obsess Benoit. It is not possible otherwise^^

1 Like

I hadn't even picked it up! :-/

Sorry @OBIWAN, I meant @DoubleL.

I made an association of ideas, you arrived at about the same time on Lynkoa, I got my keyboard tangled up. Sorry. ;-(

1 Like

Hello

No problem@Benoit.LF is simply the power of force. When I say  " may the force be with you ", well that's it  , it's done.:)

2 Likes