DXF engraving for localization

Hello

I want to have sheet metal made with several studs to be welded. To save time when welding these studs, the subcontractor asks me to locate these studs by making dots engraved on these sheets.

How is it possible to give this information in a dxf? Should we make 2 dxf (an engraving, a cut) or should we make a hole of 0.1 mm? Maybe there is a function??

Thank you very much.

Hello

All you have to do is create a layer to position the engravings, which you can represent by a cross of a different color from the rest of the sheet.

This way you keep all the information on the same DXF.

2 Likes

For my rack fronts I have a drilling plan and an engraving plan of which I get the separation by configuration.

plan 1 the façade with the holes sheet 2 of the plan the façade with the holes not dimensioned but the location of engraving sided.

the file is sent to my subcontractor in DXF and so as he uses 2 different machines he can start with the holes and then positioned for the engraving by having the right reference point. But that's on 2U fronts

So for sheets I will get for the hole of 0.1

2 Likes

Hello

To locate the location of the studs we make a 10x10mm strong line cross on the dxf

1 Like

Thank you for these answers!!

@mat tutu, I feel like layers are only used when drawing. But to avoid having the cartridge in the dxf, I would rather do this when I work on the part.

@Gerald, If I understand correctly, you do two DXFs with different information each time?

@y.pacquelet, if I send the DXF with the cross in a thick line to the laser manufacturer, I am afraid of recovering sheets with notches. I guess you have to tell him this trick with a parallel drawing..

@matthieu it's a little different because my plate fits on an A3 ech1:1 so I only make one dxf sheet. 

I have a subcontractor who wants a single sheet and another who asks for 2 so I make an A4 Sheet 1 and sheet 2

For your concern I would rather make holes not coming out of the diameter of the stud if it is manual welding, on the other hand if it is a machine that positions the studs and welds, engraving is not necessary, but a position table. so simple crosses is enough for the quotation

1 Like

Hello

I do a lot of laser subcontracting, and when marking, I use dotted lines for everything that is marked.

I agreed with my subcontractor to always work in the same way.

2 Likes

I agree with Bart.

Having worked a bit in laser cutting, engraving is just a different line style on your DXF.

Before I had: -dark green=> cut in the clockwise direction

- light green = > anti-horrarian cut

- red => engraving.

1 Like

In the end I put a cross on the dxf and I made an annotation on the plan so that the subcontractor understands the symbolism.

Thank you!