Configuration hierarchy / derived configuration

Hello, I currently have an assembly in which there are several configurations connected to a family of parts.

I would like to keep these existing configurations, but be able to transform them into derivative configurations.

Let me explain: I would like to be able to move these existing configurations into a new parent configuration.

I currently have CONF 11, CONF 12, etc. I would like to create a CONF 1 config, including CONF 11 and CONF 12, then create a CONF 2, including CONF 21, CONF 22 etc...

Is it possible to carry out this kind of manipulation, either via the property manager or via the family of rooms already created?

Kind regards

Solidworks Premium 2015

Hello

You have to create a $PARENT column in the part family and put the values in question

On the other hand, as I have never made a family of parts in an assembly, I don't know if it's also the same principle, I cross the doights that it works as well:)

I have put an example in PDF

Good morning

Steve

configuration.pdf
1 Like

Thank you very much Centor

It also works in assemblies.

first you have to create the main configs: either via the property manager or directly in the Excel sheet.

Then in a second step via excel create the configurations that will be derived, which can be assigned to this or that main configuration via the $PARENT column.

Thanks for the tip.

1 Like