Isn't there a solution to make this more convenient for rebuilds and updates in drawing cases with multiple sheets in assemblies configured?

Hello

I have an assembly configure, and I created a drawing, the drawing file contains multiple sheets for each configuration, but the problem is when I click  "save" SW asks  me for several "rebuilds" and additionally "update all sheets" each time.

Isn't there a solution to make this more convenient? 

Kind regards

Hello

Have you tried to activate the blocking bars in your rooms, it can help not to have untimely rebuilds.

4 Likes

Or else detached drawing., with the advantages and disadvantages.

http://help.solidworks.com/2020/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_detached_drawings.htm?verRedirect=1

2 Likes

Hello, for the multifolios:

• It is possible to select the sheet to be loaded when opening.
  • It is possible to update one sheet without touching the others. 
  • Export the sheet to pdf, dwg...  
  • From memory there is a warning window telling me if I want to rebuild the views of the other sheets at the time of recording (just choose no).
2 Likes

Hello 

Thank you for your answers,

For the blocking bar I'm not too familiar with,

I tried with the detached drawing always the same problems:  the reconstructions and repeated updates that persist in addition to the drawing with the 10 associated sheets that struggle to launch. 

Kind regards

Hello

In order to save time on opening items with multiple configurations, I use the "Rebuild all configurations" function (Ctrl+Shift+B) and check that all my configurations have the little green checkmark. Then I save the file and archive it (EPDM).
This way, the next time the file is opened, all the configurations are already calculated (except for bugs).
However, this solution increases the size of the saved file and can be time-consuming when there are many configurations.

For the blocking bar, personally I'm not a fan, very often I notice that SW still rebuilds functions that are located above the blocking bar, and even worse sometimes these functions get wrong.

configs.jpg
1 Like

Hello 

Thank you again for your support, 

Sorry I think I forgot to specify it, my problems are rather in the drawing and it's not at the level of the configured assembly. The 3D of the assembly with these configurations works very well, no problem so it's only the drawing with these sheets that I have difficulty with.

Kind regards