Import step en part

Hello, Can we import a large step file directly from it without first forming an assembly?
I think I've already done it, I don't know what the trick was.
Thank you in advance

Hello

When you open your STEP you have to do file open then select the STEP file type then option and there you select what you want to do. 

3 Likes

Hello

I don't think you'll open your step as it was recorded. If it's a part, you'll open a part, if it's an ASM, you'll open an ASM.

On the other hand, once the  step is opened, you are free to record it in part.

may the force be with you.

4 Likes

Thanks to you, indeed we can't change anything in the options when opening, I'll continue to save the asm in part. I just have about 50 files to do...

Hello

There is a batchConverter to do this FYI.

Kind regards.

Ar.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried with the task scheduler but the same.

I'll close the subject!

Hello

Just import the step into a multi-body part

In the attached image, the highlighted option is made to create an assembly.

If you uncheck this box you will get a multi-body piece

option_import.jpg

Hello Pascal, I tried your trick but nothing to do it generates an assembly systematically.
Thank you anyway.

Good evening

While trying to understand why we couldn't use the import parameters of the drop-down menu for STEP/IGS/ACIS, I finally understood that we need to activate 3Dinterconnect. This is the only way to be able to import a multi-body assembly.

If you stay in standard mode, you can't change the import settings.

It doesn't necessarily answer the question but it seems to me that before 3Dinteconnect, we could modify the behavior when importing WWTPs.

1 Like

Hello
Thank you Cyril, after doing what you found, it works.
Import multi-body assemblies must be checked.
All you have to do is dissolve the function in the part created to break the link with the step, perfect!
Indeed I think it worked before 3Dinteconnect
Thank you all and have a good week!

1 Like