Unable to open a SolidWorks file in SolidWorks Composer 2014

Hello

I just switched to SolidWorks 2014 and SolidWorks Composer 2014. 

When I want to import a SolidWorks file directly from Composer, the conversion is not possible. 

Have a good day and thank you in advance for your feedback. 

Hey, it's the day of opening problems with the 2014 versions...

I'm testing it on my side and I'll get back to you as soon as possible...

1 Like

I just tested it on my computer with a piece saved in 2014 version and I can open it in Composer 2014 without any problem.

Do you have a particular error message when opening?

1 Like
Is Solidworks converter installed?

Yes I have converter on my computer.

I think the problem comes from the fact that it uses the 2013 converter and not 2014. However, I changed the option and manually chose 2014. 

Bizard...

Solidworks and 3DVIA are on the same workstation or the workstation that has the problem only has 3DVIA installed?

1 Like

Everything is on the same post

OK so you wouldn't have installed SolidWorks Importer (during the previous installation of 3DVIA Composer) by chance?

you should check that in C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\3DVIAComposer\6.X you don't have a SW201X folder (X being depending on the version) if this is the case, inside the folder there is a batch to uninstall the import directly, knowing that when solidworks is installed on the workstation you should not install solidworks importer.

Another question: on this Solidworks 2013 workstation is still installed? The 2013 version of 3DVIA as well?

1 Like

Hello fthomas,

Thanks for the info, I'll test. I found the SolidWorks importer 2013. I'm going to uninstall it. 

FYI, I have three versions of SolidWorks 2012, 2013 and 2014

Have a nice day

Thank you fthomas. 

After uninstalling the SolidWorks importer, everything works perfectly. 

Perfect.