Getting Started with Solidworks

Hi all

I am gradually starting to familiarize myself with the solidworks software, and for my studies, I am asked for two exercises with the following problems: 

1) You must draw the object of your choice. This object must be real, from your daily life or your immediate environment. The objective is to reproduce it as faithfully as possible. Constraints: the part must consist of at least 4 3D functions. All sketches must be constrained by dimensions (no blue lines!)

2) You must draw the object of your choice. This object must be an assembly of several pieces (at least 5). This object can be real or imaginary. The objective is to reproduce it as faithfully as possible. Remember to name the functions in the creation tree with explicit names (examples: blank, fixing hole, fillet on the top face, tapped hole for plate fixing, ...) The names of the parts must also be well chosen (other than part1, part2...)  

I don't know what to take as an object, do you have any indications? 

Kind regards 

Hello

What are the studies??? You can draw a tool that you use in your studies...

1 Like

Draw your mouse 

It couldn't be simpler

it should theoretically be under your right hand if you're right-handed

it corresponds in full to the requette

@+ ;-)

3 Likes

Not so easy the surface for a beginner!

but in the same spirit, draw your PC or your keyboard!

4 Likes

A hint you're sitting on it  ;-)

A chair often has more than 5 elements and you can name them easily. In addition you will be able to add screws and have different materials.

2 Likes

Hello

As a draftsman a pencil, or tube of glue for a simple piece, and a compass or stapler for an assembly.

There is also the smartphone but I'm sure others have thought of it, so you might as well stand out.

Mice and keyboards use curves in general so to avoid depending on your model.

Good luck.

if the "Chevalier" is still relevant, the example plan (2-stroke model aircraft engine) is perfect.

4 Likes

Hello

A Duplo or Lego car already gives a good assembly and a good part of the constraints and shapes are not too complicated. A simple car :-)

With this it will show that you master how to make different parts that can be assembled, the shell function, the axles, the steering wheel (a little more complicated) and especially the main assembly constraints and the different colors.

@strefbeno The knight is still relevant and young designers (sometimes the not so young) would be well advised to refer to it, it would already avoid a lot of stupidity :-)

2 Likes