Installation SW

Dear Madam, Sir,

Currently employed at Aubry-ntv, I would like to contact you to find out the procedure to follow in order to install SolidWorks 2014 on my computer. It currently has the 2012 version.

I beg you to receive, madame, sir, the expression of my distinguished consideration.

mon_poste.pdf

To be discussed with your IT department but your workstation configuration does not allow you to install solidworks 2014 because on Windows XP https://www.mcad.com/solidworks-topics/solidworks-2014-system-requirements/ what's more, you need a license or a maintenance contract to upgrade your Solidworks

1 Like

Wow, a windows Xp? It still exists??? :) I think you should start by buying a newer and more powerful computer in order to be able to run Solid 2014 at its best. don't forget to upgrade office which is directly linked to SOLID.

From there, you download the software to Solidworks.com and then you install it like any software.

Cdt

Ps: you are the only one working on the software???

edit: @MaD more rapid than me once again;)

1 Like

@G. , yes XP still exists! and still running on a position with us.... If he gives up the ghost, no more oxy.......

1 Like

At home it's the same, we have a workstation that is still on Windows 2000 pro, if it gives up the ghost we can't use oxy-fuel either x) Fortunately we'll change it soon.

2 Likes

It's clear that those who make the software don't realize the mess and the cost of keeping the software up to date! You always need the most recent, always expensive and it's really not easy to keep up to date!

We did an update in 2015 but it's true that since then we've left it at that because it involved changing all the computers, trackers, updating <solid, updating Office and updating the chest... No less...

and in addition at the next update you will probably have to switch all the computers to Win10...

Thank you Dassault!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for all these very complete answers. To go into a little more detail, we were part of the maintenance network (I think) and we received the SW 2014 version for an update. That said, if I understood correctly, to install it, I have to follow a special procedure by deactivating the license and then installing SW 2014. 

Two questions:

- Do you know if I can have the detailed procedure for my case?

- Is it normal that when I insert the installation CD nothing happens? 

If you can't install solidworks with the cd, then you can try downloading it from the site.

To do so, you connect to the solidworks website by clicking on "log in:http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/2109_FRA_HTML.htm

Then you go to "Download and updates", you choose the year and version you want and you download.

Once solidworks is installed, it will ask you for your license number, and you can finally use solidworks

SW 2014 cannot be installed on XP. Cf. doc below

image1.png

Hello.

Even with up-to-date systems, it's. SW17sp3  bug with the latest W10 update

Some functions no longer work, or weird bugs.

http://www.lynkoa.com/actualites/solidworks/alerte-info-probl%C3%A8mes-solidworks-rencontr%C3%A9s-apr%C3%A8s-la-mise-%C3%A0-jour-de-microsoft

The only solution: reinstall an old version of W10 = welcome fail security!

Chrtof