Install a macro package

Hi all

I'm currently on SolidWorks 2019 SP4.0

I developed about ten macros and I would have liked to install them on different workstations (about fifty!)

I'd like to know if there are ways to make a macro to install them all in bulk or another way, to avoid installing them one by one.

Thank you 

Baptist

Hello

1 - You put the macros on a network location where everyone has access with the same path. You configure a 1st workstation with the macro bar,
 2 - you save the SW settings ( Tool / Saved / Restore settings)
 3 - You go to all the stations where you want to add the macro bar and you restore the SW settings according to the recording you just made.

If you only want to apply the settings in the macro bar, check the corresponding option. Otherwise it applies all the settings of the station that you used as a base (File location, display color, icon location and everything else).

This solution works well when you have 4 workstations, after for 50 it may be a bit long :-)

5 Likes

Hello

In addition, you can rename the .sldreg file obtained in .reg and then make a .bat that automatically loads this .reg in the registry:

regedit /s "path of the .reg file on the server"

All you have to do is double click on this file .bat on each PC or, if you want this part of the settings to be systematically updated on all PCs, to set the PCs so that each time it starts this file beats ...

Kind regards

4 Likes

Otherwise you have this nice little menu that gives faster access to the macro:

https://www.codestack.net/labs/solidworks/my-toolbar/

In Configuration\Toolbar Path, you just have to choose a destination on the file server so that everyone can access the same menu.

You'll see this little menu is very nice to add macros.