Embedding a Company Name in an Assembly

Hello to all,

I'm looking for ideas to integrate a kind of watermark with the name of the company, be careful I have to find it once I save it in STEP.

Thank you in advance.

Sat.

Assembly Watermarks

You can set notes in the Notes Area annotation view to behave as watermarks in models. You can display the watermarks under the model geometry or on top of the model geometry, with specified transparency.

When you set a note to Watermark, you can only select it if Notes Area is the active annotation view.

To create a watermark in a part or assembly:

1. In the FeatureManager design tree, expand Annotations .
  2. Right-click Notes Area and click Activate.
  3. Click Insert > Note > Annotation .
  4. Create the note for the watermark.
  5. Right-click the note and click Watermark.
  6. In the PropertyManager, under Watermark:
    1. Under Ordering, select whether the watermark displays Behind geometry or On top of geometry.
      On top of geometryBehind geometry
    2. Optionally, adjust the Transparency.
  7. Click .

Hello Gerald  and thank you.

I tried this solution but the text doesn't stay once converted to STEP.

Kind regards.

For the step, I have my logo as a 3D part and I integrate it into the assembly => I convert the whole thing into a part keeping only the outer faces , so that it is no longer modifiable 

1 Like

Hello

Why not create a phony piece with your company logo and name in your bookcase and integrate it as you see fit into your assemblies.

1 Like

Hello ac cobra 427,

I thought about it, but this part once converted into a STEP will be modifiable.

@ samos024  if it's a part yes it's complicated, and it requires the manip to create a set where the part and the logo are in it.

then it's a matter of saving this whole thing in a room and keeping only the outside face, it turns into a surface ... and there to modify it's a solidworks ++ level

If you put this part in SpeedPak it should "iron"  ^_^ it

Hello

Another solution is to create a material removal in your assembly.

Taking the concept even further, you can create a bookcase function that you add to your assembly at the last minute.

4 Likes

@Pierre S

I validate in extrusion mode starting from a block, a bit like sticking a sticker. 

1 Like

Hello, the STEP format carries the geometry (this geometry can be modified in any CAD software, especially with the so-called implicit design tools (removal of over-thickness faces, moving, etc.).

The step format can also include what are called PMIs (3D dimensioning, material label, etc.)

I don't know if SW saves this information (for CATIA you need a specific module to write and read it in a STEP file.

On the other hand, edrawings can reread the dimension or annotations created in the .sldprt and .edrawings file.

Hello

Pierre S and Gerald I like your solution, unfortunately it's a part of sw that I don't master yet so if you had an example I'm taker.

And so I could couple it with Gerald's solution by transforming it into a piece.