Interest of parameters at the instance level on the one hand

Hello

By mistake in a mechanism, I created parameters at the "instance" level on my part and not in the part. This probably came from the fact that I hadn't put the work object on my piece properly.

Now, I'd like to know a little more about the parameters that can be put at the instance level.

1) Interest in creating parameters in an instance

What might be the point of creating parameters in an instance? I thought the point was that the parameters created in this way were linked to the instance and not to the share. Thus, a change in the value of the instance's parameter would not change the values of other instances made from the same part. Apparently, this is false (see example in copy). In other words, if we have two instances of the same share and the part that uses a parameter defined in the instance, this parameter is also defined in the same way in instance 2.

2) Can "having parameters at the instance level" cause problems?

3) How can I retrieve the parameters at the instance level and copy them at the part level? I saw that the "replace" function at the parameter level in an instance does not exist.

Thank you in advance for your advice

param_dans_instance.rar

Hello

I didn't find any interest in it!

I would complete your remarks with :

If you instantiate this part in a new CATProduct, CATIA will recreate the parameter in that new instance.

The PB I find there is that from the CATPart it is impossible to find the CATProduct.

You can't cut or copy/paste either.

1 Like

Thank you for your very clear answer which confirms my impressions.

a+