Intersection cylinder cylinder

Hi all

I am looking to make a cylinder/cylinder intersection in sheet metal, with a square to square assembly. The thicknesses should not thin. I have tried several ways but the removal of material never comes to fruition...

Thanks in advance 

Regards  TC

capture.png

Good evening@Thibcapelli

Can you post your asm with the two pieces (with pack and Go) that we can see where the problem is. Because nothing is visible on the attached image.

Kind regards

1 Like

Good evening

For my part; Your parts are not created in sheet metal because they are not open in height, which will prevent development and realistic material removal. Your ferrule must be open and unfoldable for this removal to be done correctly.

Good evening

Attached is the connection

Now, to achieve this, only a tube laser cutter can do the same. In sheet metal work, the cutting is done perpendicular to the sidewall, whereas in laser cutting on a tube it is done differently.

I'll let our maestro @ac cobra 427 explain to you ;-)

Kind regards

tube_asm_vue_exter_2020-10-13_19_54_43-window.zip
1 Like

If both tubes are split with a small extrusion removal, then it is possible to unwind the tube with a sheet metal function. After that, SW manages the wolf's mouth (usually he keeps the inner edge of the small tube). With this principle, the cutting is perpendicular to the axis: it can be unrolled in sheet metal and can be cut in 2-axis laser for tube cutting.

1 Like