Intersection of 2 vehicles in MOTION

Hello

I modeled 2 vehicles on SolidWorks placed on a road.

In Motion, I assigned each vehicle a 90 m/s and 130 m/s linear motor.

The slowest starts first and then the second with a delay of 0.75s.

So far so good.

The 2 vehicles must arrive (and stop!) at the same place: the end of the road.

The first arrives in 3.3 s and the second in 3.05s; He caught up and overtook the first.

So I deactivated its engine at 3.05s but it continues to move forward!

So in the graph, I don't get the intersection of the 2 vehicles which is what I'm trying to visualize.

It works in Animation but not in Motion Analysis where the 2nd vehicle, even if it no longer has the engine boom, continues to move forward, by its inertia I suppose.

Does anyone know how to get an intersection graph of 2 moving vehicles?

Or how do you actually stop a vehicle?

Kind regards

inter_voitures_motion.jpg

A red light or a stop sign? ;)

No, seriously, maybe if you lengthen the track and stop your analysis before the end of the race, but after the intersection of the cars you should have the curve you want.

Thomas

I think that friction should be added eventually so that the inertia of the vehicle is stopped or even a physical obstacle.

there is also the possibility of not using engines but only moving the vehicles with the initial position at time T and the final position at time t+x second

1 Like

Thank you for your help! It didn't solve my problem, but it allowed me to test different possibilities.

• For Tomalam: the curve still does not look as expected because the graphs do not have the same scale (see attachment)
  • For fthomas: putting contacts does not fix the problem. You still have the same initial speed and strangely, a wall at the end of the track does not stop the vehicle launched (a bug?)

But good news (for me anyway), I solved my problem!

Damn, the attachment for Tomalan's solution that I forgot to attach...

inter_voit_tomalan.jpg

That's it for the graph: you have to click on the axis to be able to change its scale (because the first stops at 297 while the second at 540, which distorts the graph). A window opens and on the second tab, you can change the maximum and minimum values. All you have to do is put the same values as the first vehicle.

On the other hand, I still don't know how to stop the first vehicle at the end of the road without using heavy artillery (sequential for example). It does it very well with Animation (the car stops as soon as the key deactivates the engine) but Animation does not allow you to have graphs. On the other hand, in motion analysis, inertia makes the vehicle continue; and even a wall does not stop him... If anyone has an idea of solutions

Solution Attachment to Modify the Graph

inter_fenetre1.jpg

And the end result: what I wanted!

inter_resultat.jpg