Reverse the direction of quotation

Hello 

I have a bit of a weird question and I don't think it's possible but I prefer to ask. I have the following sketch:

The sketch in blue succinctly represents my piece and the black sketch the removal of material that I would like to do. Depending on my configurations, the dimension of 2 can be 0 or even go to the "other side" of the axis of revolution. The problem once she has passed to the other side I can't get her to come back. What I'm trying to explain is that once my odds are 0 and I give it another value (3) the odds go in the other direction (on the other side of the axis) is it possible to handle that please?

It seems to me that putting megative value on it doesn't work.

I hope I have been a little clear...

Thank you

capture_lynkoa.png
2 Likes

Why not take as a reference something other than your axis

7 Likes

In addition, depending on the version of solidworks, today's version takes into account negative or zero dimensions!! :)

Kind regards

6 Likes

When defining your dimension, click on the red circle button (see image).

Kind regards

sens_cotation.jpg
3 Likes

Hello 

Otherwise when I'm in a hurry and it has to go really fast without making me too C.... I do a symmetry of the sketch and do the removal of material then go to insert==>Face==>Delete with delete the face and fill in the discontinuities and I delete the removal that I don't want to have...

1 Like

Why not make this dimension diametric?

Why not quote as in the example below in red

capture_lynkoa.png
3 Likes