Configured Side Reversal

Hello

Has anyone ever managed to configure a dimension with an inversion +/- with respect to the reference? (or would have a solution)
cf diagram to explain my pb: dimensions of the function (red circle) Px and Py to configure in relation to the cercle_ref.
When Py should be negative for some configurations, then all other configurations " flip" their Py side to always be positive.

I tried not taking the center of the cercle_ref as a reference, but its outer diameter. But then sw flips the odds from the max to the min, and I get the same result.

(not sure I'm very clear in my question...)

It's not possible, on the other hand by adding a construction line to drive the + and the least cumulative, so as not to have to reverse the direction, it can work.

4 Likes

We add a reference frame that is tangent to the diameter, so you only have positive sides

2 Likes

Hello

If you're under 2022, here's a piece that I've set up to go either way. You go into the properties of the room and you play around with the odds to see to go in the less you put – in front of the odds and in the positive nothing.
Cone deported. SLDPRT (401.9 KB)

OK, thank you for your answers.
For ac_cobra: I haven't switched to SW2022 yet. It's true that I forgot to mention it: sw2020.
If this has been improved in 2022, I will install it soon then.

Hello, otherwise you have to revise your trigo (something I won't do at 8am :p) and play with the angle /cos / sin on 360° which will control the px and py.

Kind regards

2 Likes

@fuz3d : not stupid. It works well too, a corner dimension and a radius dimension to control the position of the function.
And no need to get back to the trigo too much, sw works for us...