Iso 128

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if you use the ISO 128 standard (in 13 parts) in your BEs.

It is very difficult to obtain precise information on this standard, so it is out of curiosity that I ask you this question.

Thank you all!

Have a nice day.

Hello

We don't use ISO 128 at all (or without knowing it).

It must be said that by being a designer-manufacturer-salesman, there is not too much exchange with the outside.

S.B

1 Like

The problem with standards is that you have to buy them to see what's in them!

3 Likes

the least we can do is that in a design office worthy of the name , we must have at our disposal the standards in force

So yes the standards are not free

http://www.afnor.org/metiers/normalisation/cos/ingenierie-industrielle-biens-d-equipement-et-materiaux/commissions

http://www.boutique.afnor.org/normes?gclid=CJrgqpXqvr4CFbDJtAodtV0ANA

http://www.iso.org/iso/fr/iso_catalogue/catalogue_ics/catalogue_ics_browse.htm?ICS1=01&ICS2=100&ICS3=20

@+ ;-)

1 Like

@gt22

I must never have known a BE worthy of the name so... And yet they have turned these societies into machines!!

;-)

3 Likes

I don't even know what this standard is about.

However, I worked at the design office of a company that was an AFNOR branch, but we didn't have the standards at the design office. We asked for them according to what we designed (if necessary)

;)

@ Benoit

and it is not normal that in a design office he is not at his disposal the standards in force in his field of activity

which + is a tool so financially it's zero expense in net income

but I am willing to believe and you are unfortunately not the only one in this case ;-(

Everyone has a dictionary in their personal library

@+ ;-)

Hello Batch.

ISO 128 describes the technical drawing (lines, cuts, views).

Like many standards, it is paid for (Afnor) but you already have a lot of elements in the cartoonist's bible (Chevalier)

On Wikipedia you have the list of the 13 parts click HERE.

On the Knight (2004 edition)

Part 20 Strokes Page 12

Part 30 views Page 26

Part 40 Section Section Page 31

Part 50 representation of cut surface Page 36.

Kind regards

4 Likes

@gt22

What standards do you have available in your design office?

Do you think you have them all?

There are so many that you can't own everything, then you make your choice according to your activity.

In all the audits I have undergone, I have been told about the very specific standards that relate to the profession, but never about a general standard on the design office.

Just look at the question I asked about the symbol, no one has posted an excerpt of the standard, on the other hand many people say that they use it...

S.B

2 Likes

@ SB

NOT far from there I have the bare necessities according to my needs and when I have other needs I make sure to

But it is true that the standards are often very specific to an activity

my last problem about the standards concerned the AFNOR PR NF EN 13141-7 standard

A standard that predisposes to the creation of a climatic chamber

for measurement studies on double-flow ventilation with or without heat exchanger

power, efficiency, leakage, noise, etc.

And to tell you the truth, this standard was still to be validated since some modifications were made via my reading of this one , among other things.

@+ ;-)

1 Like

So, we are all the same. We only buy if we need to.

ISO128, I don't feel the need for it, I don't have it.

After all, standards can be good, but it's still done by people who are sometimes very far from the field or they serve as lobbing.

For example, I have a competitor who has created a standard on their products (and ours) and is part of the review group for that standard.

S.B

2 Likes

Hello,

The standards were mainly founded by large companies in the automotive or aeronautical industries. They are developed by experts from different companies. The GDI is the cartoonist's bible and includes some excerpts from the standard. For this one, it actually corresponds to everything that is of the order of technical drawing, something you learned in school. The purpose of standards is to speak the same language between customers and supplier. Now nothing prevents you from derogating from it if you don't refer to it and if you write in your plan everything that will allow you to make your part (dimension, tolerance, surface finish, material, etc.) The more rigorous you want to be, the more we refer to standards because today companies are standardizing more and more and each company can create its own standards such as that of its company logo by including all the dimensional and usage specificities.

Standards exist at VW Renault, PAS, Toyota, Bosch etc... and these are available to suppliers on their web portal.

What is not normal is that of the organizations that make them pay.

@+

David

1 Like