I can no longer open a solidworks file by double-clicking on it on the Windows explrator

For some time now, I can't open SolidWorks files by double-clicking on Windows Explorer. When SolidWorks is open, it doesn't seem to do anything... On the other hand, when SolidWorks is closed, it launches SolidWorks, but it doesn't load any files.

Could you help me with this problem please, it's very long to have to copy the link to the file by pressing "Open" in SolidWorks?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Hello

Do right-click on your file, then properties, and then opens with choose Solidworks Launcher and not Solidworks. There it should work  and do the same for your assemblies if the problem is identical. I tested it and at home the problem occurs when I put Solidworks 2016 by default and not Solidworks Launcher.

2 Likes

I've already tried this solution and it didn't solve the problem, unfortunately ... :/

I still have to try to repair the SW installation (via config panel / Programs and features)

1 Like

it seems to me that you have to change the default program via "default programs" in Control Panel --> default programs --> Set associations.

I had the problem and the right click -> open with does not work.

sans_titre.png