I can't make a symmetrical sheet metal piece

Hello

I certainly skip a step when creating a symmetrical part but can't seem to solve.

Selecting my face/ inserting a symmetrical part/breaking the link with the original part (although it doesn't suit me), the symmetrical part appears and when I validate it becomes identical to the original one...

Which version of SW?
By selecting a plane rather than a face of the room?
Why break the link?

Can you put a screenshot of the room?

Hello 

If the parts are strictly identical; I create a configuration in the room and make a symmetry then in the assembly I just change the confirmation as needed.

Symmetrical part in the insert menu by selecting a face of the part then checking option break  link with original part then validate. Save the new part under a new name.

doc1.pdf

Good news it must have been a bug in the software because after closing and reopening the operation works normally

Can we make a symmetrical part that keeps its links with the original part? thus allowing all changes in dimensions and holes to be followed.

1 Like

Yes

3 Likes

If I make a part configuration, then a symmetry in this configuration, automatically the software creates a new part for me, in previous versions I am almost sure that I have already been able to create 2 sym parts in the same file and thus put the original part in the symmetric configuration in a state of deletion.

Hello

To have 2 symmetrical instances in a document:

• Or, in the assembly context, you had created a symmetric part in an assembly (Symmetric Component)
  • In the part context, you have created a volume field symmetry (Symmetry function) without merging the bodies.

Otherwise, the "Symmetrical Part" function in the context of a part necessarily generates an external component.

Kind regards

3 Likes