I'm looking for a symbol to insert into annotations

Hello

Anyone would like to insert this symbol in annotations, with an ASCII code or another method it is possible?

Here is the symbol I am looking for:

Hello

See here: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/238a/index.htm

Kind regards

3 Likes

And to put it in an annotation:

- Choose a font that accepts Unicode.

- Type 238A

- Type "Alt" X

Kind regards

6 Likes

I can usually find all the symbols I need for annotations, but I have trouble labeling graphs using textwaves (actually a category chart). Is this the Unicode problem?

Hello, thank you d.roger, but I must not be very talented, I can't understand how to type unicod, how do you do it?

2 Likes

Many thanks to ♛d.roger

2 Likes

Hello a.leblanc

You start your text with a unicode compatible font (for example Segoe UI Symbol as shown by d.roger), you type 234A then ALT+X.

Here

2 Likes

Hello j.guignard, I tried but I have to do it badly it doesn't work. So I saved a favorite style with this logo, it's faster than searching for the symbol every time. This is the manipulation that I can't do, do you have to hold keys when you type 234A? At what time should you type ALT+X?

I tried this:

ALT+U (maintained) 234A

CTRL+ALT+U (maintained) 234A

CTRL+ALT (maintained) U234A

CTRL+U (maintained) 234A

ALT+X (maintained) 234A

234A ALT+U 

234A ALT+X

234A CTRL+ALT+U 

234A CTRL+ALT+X 

I can't do it either, but I haven't tried all the variants of A.Leblanc (bravo for the tests, lol)

How to do it?

Hello

Try it out in Worpad:

- choice of Segoe UI Symbol font.

- Enter 238A normally.

- Press and hold the Alt key

- Enter x

- release the Alt key

2 Likes

Ouch I must not be very good, it doesn't work. Is it possible that the unicode is locked on my PC for security reasons?

It would seem quite surprising to me...

Here is a file in which I put the symbol, to open with Worpad.

document.rtf

Still in Worpad, try with the ascii code: Alt + 9098

hold down the Alt key and then type 9098

Kind regards

1 Like

Sorry, I didn't specify, for me it only works in SW drawings (2016V5). Moreover, after checking, the correct font is: 238a (lowercase) Alt+x (minucule).

Have a nice day

For me, Windows 10 + SW2017 SP4.1: upper or lower case is the same.

DSL, it still doesn't work, I'll see about it as soon as I have some time.

Thank you for your answers, d.roger thank you so I saved it in call number style to insert it faster.

Have a good weekend

Hello, I can't find to use unicode, but the ascii code: Alt + 9098 works very well with the Segoe UI Symbol font . Thank you d.roger .

Edit: ok I found how to type unicode, I had to do it like a stick... Thank you d.roger

Have a nice day

Alex